What is Itch Support Gold?
Itch Support Gold is a combination of nine herbal ingredients for skin-related symptoms when felines come into contact with an allergen (a substance that triggers an allergic reaction).* For some cats, skin allergies are a constant condition; for others it may be seasonal or only occasional. Skin conditions due to allergies are an increasingly common disorder in pets and are a frequent cause for visits to the vet.
Itch Support Gold addresses the physiological mechanisms that can cause the skin (including on the paws) to become red and sometimes unbearably itchy. It works with the principles of Traditional Chinese Medicine to target the underlying imbalance and restore health from the inside out, without the harmful side effects commonly associated with long-term use of prescription medications.
*Itch Support Gold is not for acute or severe allergic reactions. It does not address emergency allergy situations such as anaphylaxis.
If your cat requires immediate or emergency medical attention, please call your veterinarian or nearest veterinary clinic.
What is Itch Support Gold Used For?
Just as people can experience allergic reactions of all kinds, cats are also susceptible to irritants and allergens they encounter in their environment or in their diet. Some cat breeds have a greater incidence of allergies that can affect their skin, which may decrease with age.
For felines, the primary way an allergy manifests is through the skin. Flare-ups are often chronic and/or recurring, and despite many efforts, become a condition that must be managed. Finding out the cause of the allergy can be a long but necessary process.
The allergen is introduced into the body in one of four ways. It may be:
- Something your cat has come into physical contact with
- Something in their diet
- An airborne allergen that has been inhaled
- From a flea bite (usually from flea saliva)
If the body is sensitized to that particular allergen, it will react as if it is under attack and an allergic reaction will ensue.
Naturally, the most beneficial approach is to remove the allergen or limit exposure if the allergen is known; however, there may be cases in which this is difficult (such as with a grass allergy).
Allergies that affect the skin may appear as:
- Increased and sometimes incessant itching and scratching and/or licking
- Moist skin, dry/flakey skin or scabbing
- Itchy ears (and possible ear infections)
- Swollen and itchy paws
The itching may be all over the body or localized in one area. Your cat's behavior may also change, since a constant state of itchy discomfort can quickly lead to irritability, disrupted sleep, exhaustion and snapping. If repeated scratching causes the skin to break, this can create an opportunity for an infection.
Rather than mask or temporarily suppress the symptoms, Itch Support Gold helps to support a healthy immune response to allergens. The herbal combination works synergistically to decrease itchiness, whether it is pervasive or only in certain areas. In Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) the name for this type of remedy is termed an External Wind formula. The element of "wind" can refer to symptoms that appear suddenly, change quickly, and affect the surface (like the skin).
Most cats will not react to the compounds they encounter in the home or outdoors, so what can cause skin allergies or sensitivities? For cats that have a sensitive immune system, the most common allergens are environmental allergens (contact allergy or atopy), food allergens, flea allergy, or a secondary reaction from another health issue.
Examples of Common Allergens:
- Pollens and grasses
- Dust, dust mites, and molds
- Fragrances and other chemicals including those found in most laundry detergents, pet shampoos, and household cleaners
- Cigarette smoke
- Prescription medication (including flea medication or medicated flea products)
- Insect bites (including fleas)
- Dander and feathers (may be in pillows, duvets, or bedspreads)
- Foods such as dairy products, beef products, soy, wheat, corn, chicken, and chicken by-products
- Foods or treats containing food-coloring
Itch Support Gold provides support and maintenance for allergies that affect your cat's skin and the itchy, red, dry or moist unpleasant symptoms that result from allergic responses.
Allergic responses may also cause respiratory-related symptoms such as:
- Runny, itchy nose
- Breathing difficulties due to an airborne allergy
For respiratory-type symptoms related to allergies, consider Pet Wellbeing Nettle-Eyebright Gold.
Always seek the consultation of your veterinarian as needed.
A note from our veterinarian...
This remedy works regardless of the allergy. Itch Support Gold does not contain pharmaceutical ingredients and results will depend on the severity of the condition and length of time since it began. Expect symptoms to gradually lessen over days or weeks. Results vary for each feline patient.
Once desired results are achieved, the formula may be discontinued and reintroduced when necessary. The formula does not need to be used constantly and is meant to be used when symptoms appear.
This formula was developed to be potent and effective in the shorter term, yet also work to support the underlying issues that cause the allergic response to flare up. This is nature's anti-itch formula.
Prevention and Avoidance:
Once you have identified the cause of your cat's skin reaction, try to eliminate exposure as much as possible. Sometimes this is possible and sometimes it's not. Remember that allergies are sometimes caused by multiple factors and your cat may be able to tolerate a certain amount of exposure before the factors compound and a reaction occurs.
As an example, a cat may be sensitive to laundry detergent, to dust mites, and to flea bites. There may be a little itching on the average day but a big reaction to a flea bite. It is a big reaction because the immune system is already trying to deal with the first two allergens. When a third allergen is introduced, the scales tip. In this case, the immune system can respond to two allergens but not three. This is what is meant by compounding factors.
Try to eliminate all allergens as much as possible and you will hopefully see less reaction, or none, when there is occasional exposure to any of the offending irritants. Have a look at the list of common allergens that may be right in your household or in your cat's living environment.
Similar to humans, cats may build up sensitivities to foods that are eaten daily, without a break. Just like humans, cats are healthiest with a varied diet. Be sure to switch your cat's foods at least from time-to-time. The most common foods that cause sensitivity or allergies in cats are: beef products, dairy products, chicken and chicken by-products, soy, corn, wheat and artificial food coloring.
If food allergies are known or suspected, you may wish to try some homemade food recipes with simple ingredients. Your veterinarian may suggest an elimination diet, starting only with very simple foods and slowly introducing other ingredients. With the simplified diet, the symptoms should disappear. Then, when the allergen food is given, the symptom will flare up suddenly, and you will know to avoid that particular food in the future.
A species-appropriate raw food diet may also be an excellent alternative if your cat has food sensitivities (or doesn't). Look for a trusted source of raw cat food in your area and follow the appropriate health and safety precautions to serve it. Make sure the protein source is not one that your cat is sensitive to and look for meat raised without hormones or antibiotics. Feeding raw food is very easy and may be a more cost-effective option than "designer" allergy diets sold commercially. With food allergies, "simple" is better. Itch Support Gold may only be of minimal help if your feline continues to eat a diet that elicits an allergic response.
Make sure your cat receives a diet high in nutrients. Consider supplementation of vitamins, minerals, and especially omega-3 essential fatty acids. Omega-3's have been shown to provide the body with support for inflammation, better ability to regenerate healthy new skin cells, and are extremely beneficial for allergic skin problems. Pet Wellbeing SPARK Daily Nutritional Supplement contains nutrients and superfoods from whole-food sources along with probiotics and enzymes for overall good health.
You can work with your veterinarian to uncover the causes of your cat's allergic responses and work out a treatment plan that you feel is the most beneficial. Please keep informed of any and all side effects (especially long-term effects) that may result from prescription medications like steroids and antibiotics.
Minimize insect bites:
You can do so by applying a natural, non-synthetic repellent. Use these often in seasons when biting insects are active in your area. Remember that sensitivities to fleas or flea saliva may cause reactions long after the fleabite has occurred. Allergies to fleabites are a common cause of allergic reactions on the skin.
Allergy or Just Dry Skin?
A lower indoor or outdoor humidity can cause dryness in the air and skin can become dry and itchy. Monitor whether your cat starts to itch when you turn on the heat or air-conditioning in your home, or when the air becomes drier with a change of seasons. You can test the humidity in your house with a hygrometer from a hardware or home improvement store. An optimal humidity range is considered to be 35-50%. If the air in your home becomes too dry, a humidifier can provide the necessary humidity your cat (and you) may need to stay comfortable and healthy.
Allergic-type symptoms may be clues that your cat has another type of disorder, so please have your cat examined and diagnosed by a veterinarian.
Does it Come With a Guarantee?
Yes! Itch Support Gold comes with a 90-day, money-back guarantee.
Why Choose Itch Support Gold for Your Feline Friend?
- Certified Organic and Selectively Chosen Herbs: Our formulas are prepared from organically grown and selectively chosen herbs that meet the highest quality standard. All raw materials are tested for identification and purity.
- Good Manufacturing Practices: All of our formulas are manufactured in a facility that adheres to Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Full-Spectrum Extract: The full biochemical spectrum of the herbs is preserved to ensure optimal potency.
- Every Batch Tested: Every batch of our Itch Support Gold is tested to ensure the highest quality and potency. Every single batch.
- FDA-Registered Facility: Our manufacturing facility is FDA registered. trict quality control procedures are meticulously monitored.
- FDA Center for Veterinary Medicine Guidelines: PetWellbeing.com complies with the provisions of the CVM's good guidance practices for pet dietary supplements. All ingredients and caution statements adhere to these national guidelines.
- It's Guaranteed: In addition to the superior quality of our products, you are also protected by our 90-day, money-back guarantee.
Who Makes Itch Support Gold?
Itch Support Gold is made by Pet Wellbeing, founded in 2001. Our goal? To bring the wisdom and experience of our caring holistic veterinarians to your pet. When your pet is healthy, you are happy.
To fulfill our vision, our on-staff, holistic veterinarians have developed formulas using time-honored, traditional uses of herbs and integrated the latest scientific research. It is our aim to produce the best products for your pet that we can.
Administer Itch Support Gold twice daily:
- Under 30 lb: Give one drop per 2 lb (1 kg) of body weight
Shake well before use. Does not require refrigeration.
BEST way to give drops: Add drops to a small portion of a favorite food or treat and ensure the entire amount is consumed. Itch Support Gold is enhanced with delicious, natural bacon flavor. We recommend administration of the drops in a way that your cat will like best.
Once desired results are achieved, the formula may be discontinued and reintroduced when necessary. It does not need to be taken constantly and is meant to be used when symptoms appear.
- If animal's condition worsens or does not improve, stop product administration and consult your veterinarian.
- Not to be used during pregnancy or nursing.
- Not to be used during diarrhea.
- May have a hypoglycemic effect; monitor blood sugar closely if using with blood-sugar-lowering drugs.
- Contains Licorice root: Use caution with cardiac or kidney disease. Use caution with steroids.
- Excessive use may contribute to water retention or hypertension.
- An examination from a veterinarian is recommended prior to using this product.
- Not for human consumption. Keep out of reach of children and animals. In case of accidental overdose, contact a health professional immediately.
Itch Support Gold is Formulated With:
- Dong Quai root (Angelica sinensis): An herb of Eastern Asia, its many uses include helping to carry oxygen to tissues, supporting normal blood flow, and promoting normal responses to allergens. The effects of Dong Quai may be due to its inhibitions of thromboxane A2 formation and prostaglandin E2 production.
- Tribulus fruit (Tribulus terrestris): In combination with these other herbs, Tribulus has been shown to help maintain skin health.
- Rehmannia root (Rehmannia glutinosa): This steamed root is a vital herb used widely in the traditional Chinese herbal repertory and contain vitamins C, A and some B vitamins. It is best known for its "tonic" properties to fortify the blood, increase vitality and support capillary integrity. It is used here to stabilize Yin and fortify and move the blood.
- Chinese Peony root (Paeonia lactiflora): This root has a normalizing effect on allergies, particularly on certain skin allergies.
- Schizonepeta aerial parts (Nepeta tenuifolia): Schizonepeta has superoxide scavenging activity, which might explain its common use for itchy skin issues. It is thought to exert an effect by reducing histamine release and inhibiting substance-P-induced itching in animals.
- Siler root (Saposhnikovia divaricata): Good for liver Qi stagnation, common when itchy skin needs support. It also helps the body's natural mechanisms of flushing toxins for excretion.
- Ligusticum root (Ligusticum wallichii): Similar to North American Osha and Lovage. It has properties to support the body's normal defenses from viral and microbial infections. Osha has also been used by Native American and Hispanic cultures for seasonal allergies.
- Astragalus root (Astragalus membranaceus): One of the best known "adaptogens", Astragalus is a replenishing herb for normal recovery from illness. It protects against free radicals and is widely used for immune health.
- Licorice root (Glycyrrhiza uralensis): This root is used to harmonize the formula and allows herbal synergy of all the ingredients.
... 450 mg per ml
Herbs are certified organic or selectively imported.
Inactive ingredients: Deionized water, natural bacon flavor, vegetable glycerin.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device