What is Milk Thistle?
Milk Thistle seed is well-known for helping to support healthy liver function in cats, dogs, and humans alike, and is gentle enough for long-term use.
Its active compounds are a group of flavonoids called silymarins which:
- Help repair damaged hepatocytes (liver cells)
- Help guard against toxins binding in the liver
- Support production of healthy, new liver cells
- Provide antioxidant protection of liver cells against free-radical damage
Milk Thistle also provides beneficial support when your feline is being treated with medications including:
- Anti-inflammatories: corticosteroids, NSAIDS
- Chemotherapy agents
- Conventional heartworm medication
What is Liver Disease?
There are many different types of liver disease and it can be a life-threatening condition. It should be diagnosed by a veterinarian as it can cause much damage if it is not caught early enough or is not well-managed.
Common Symptoms of Liver Disease
Liver disease symptoms vary depending on the cause and type of liver disease. Some of the common symptoms may include:
- Loss of appetite
- Weight loss
- Yellowing of the eyes and skin
- Bad breath
- Increased water intake
- Increased urination
NOTE: Never use alcohol-based supplements with your cat. Pet Wellbeing Milk Thistle is glycerin-based and safe for cats.
Why Choose Pet Wellbeing Milk Thistle for Your Feline Friend?
- Certified Organic Herb: Prepared entirely from organically grown Milk Thistle.
- Good Manufacturing Practices: All of our formulas are manufactured in a facility that adheres to Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Full-Spectrum Extract: The full biochemical spectrum of the herb is preserved to ensure the potency of the extract. All raw materials are tested for identification and purity.
- Every Batch Tested: Every batch of our Milk Thistle is tested to ensure the highest quality and potency. Every single batch.
- FDA-Registered Facility: Our manufacturing facility is FDA registered. Strict quality control procedures are meticulously monitored.
- FDA Center for Veterinary Medicine Guidelines: Pet Wellbeing complies with the provisions of the CVM's good guidance practices for pet dietary supplements. All ingredients and caution statements adhere to these national guidelines.
- It's Guaranteed: In addition to the superior quality of our products, you are also protected by our 90-day, money-back guarantee.
Who Makes Pet Wellbeing Milk Thistle?
This product is made by Pet Wellbeing, founded in 2001. Our goal? To bring the wisdom and experience of our caring holistic veterinarians to your pet. When your pet is healthy, you're happy.
To fulfill our vision, our on-staff, holistic veterinarians have developed formulas using time-honored, traditional uses of herbs integrated with the latest scientific research. It is our aim to produce the best products for your pet that we can.
Administer Milk Thistle once daily:
- Under 30 lb: Give one drop per 1 lb (0.5 kg) of body weight
Shake well before use. Does not require refrigeration.
BEST way to give drops: Add drops to a small portion of a favorite food or treat and ensure the entire amount is consumed. Milk Thistle is enhanced with delicious, natural bacon flavor. We recommend administration of the drops in a way that your cat will like best.
- Safe use in pregnant animals or animals intended for breeding has not been proven.
- If animal's condition worsens or does not improve, stop product administration and consult your veterinarian.
- An examination from a veterinarian is recommended prior to using this product.
- Not for human consumption. Keep out of reach of children and animals. In case of accidental overdose, contact a health professional immediately.
Milk Thistle is Formulated With:
- Certified Organic Milk Thistle seed (Silybum marianum)
... 333 mg per ml
Inactive Ingredients: Deionized water, natural bacon flavor, vegetable glycerin.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device