What is Dandelion Root?
Most of us are familiar with this herb as a weed in the garden, but its use in recorded traditional medicine dates back to the 7th century. Both the leaf and the root are used, although their properties are quite different from each other.
Dandelion root properties include:
- Liver support
- Digestion (appetite, bile secretion, gas, indigestion)
- Cardiovascular support (supporting the liver is important in heart disease)
- Blood sugar maintenance
- Immune support
Healthy liver: Supporting your cat's liver can go a long way in contributing to a long and healthy life, even if your cat is not showing signs of liver problems.
The liver performs dozens of different functions in the body, yet liver disease (including cirrhosis) is one of the most common health problems in older felines. It can damage all functions of the cat's liver, with very harmful health effects.
Even felines without liver disease may need support to metabolize and excrete prescription medications and environmental chemicals which are often damaging to the liver. Cats tend to come into contact with more harmful chemicals and pesticide residues than humans.
Good digestion: Dandelion root has been used extensively as a cholagogue, meaning that it helps support normal bile flow during digestion. This helps the breakdown and assimilation of foods. Dandelion root supports the production of liver enzymes that metabolize toxins in the body so they can be excreted. It also supports the gut by providing inulin. Inulin is a prebiotic that helps maintain healthy gut flora, essential for good digestion and the immune system. Dandelion root is one of the world's best digestive "tonics."
Healthy heart: Some of the chemical constituents of Dandelion root help maintain normal blood pressure and good circulation. It is also high in several minerals that contribute to a good electrolyte balance. A well-functioning liver is important for cats with heart disease.
Blood sugar: Dandelion root has also been studied for its ability to support normal, healthy insulin levels. The addition of Dandelion root to your cat's health regime is a great way to help maintain stable blood sugar levels.
Pet Wellbeing Dandelion Root is glycerin-based and safe for cats. Never give an alcohol-based product to your cat.
Healthy Nutrition Tip for Your Cat's Liver & Digestion:
Processed foods stress your cat's liver as it works to detoxify the preservatives and other additives many commercial foods contain, including artificial flavors and colors. It's a good idea to check the quality of the meat that goes into the making of your cat's food. Avoid grains and focus on healthy proteins from free-range, grass-fed animals. Green foods will help detoxify your feline's liver, such as Pet Wellbeing SPARK Daily Nutritional Supplement. Expect your cat's moods to be lifted as well! SPARK is a veterinarian-formulated, daily nutritional supplement for cats of all ages.
Why Choose Pet Wellbeing Dandelion Root for Your Feline Friend?
- Certified Organic Herb: Prepared from organically grown Dandelion root. All raw materials are tested for identification and purity.
- Good Manufacturing Practices: All of our formulas are manufactured in a facility that adheres to Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Full-Spectrum Extract: The full biochemical spectrum of the herb is preserved to ensure optimal potency.
- Every Batch Tested: Every batch of our Dandelion Root is tested to ensure the highest quality and potency. Every single batch.
- FDA-Registered Facility: Our manufacturing facility is FDA registered. Strict quality control procedures are meticulously monitored.
- FDA Center for Veterinary Medicine Guidelines: PetWellbeing.com complies with the provisions of the CVM's good guidance practices for pet dietary supplements. All ingredients and caution statements adhere to these national guidelines.
- It's Guaranteed: In addition to the superior quality of our products, you are also protected by our 90-day, money-back guarantee.
Who Makes Dandelion Root?
This product is made by PetWellbeing.com, founded in 2001. Our goal? To bring the wisdom and experience of our caring holistic veterinarians to your pet. When your pet is healthy, you are happy.
To fulfill our vision, our on-staff, holistic veterinarians have developed formulas using time-honored, traditional uses of herbs and integrated the latest scientific research. It is our aim to produce the best products for your pet that we can.
Administer Dandelion Root once daily:
- Under 30 lb: Give one drop per 1 lb (0.5 kg) of body weight
Shake well before use. Does not require refrigeration.
BEST way to give drops: Add drops to a small portion of a favorite food or treat and ensure the entire amount is consumed. Dandelion Root is enhanced with delicious, natural bacon flavor. We recommend administration of the drops in a way that your cat will like best.
- If animal's condition worsens or does not improve, stop product administration and consult your veterinarian.
- Safe use in pregnant animals or animal's intended for breeding has not been proven.
- Do not use if gallstones are present or with gallbladder inflammation.
- Do not use with intestinal or bile duct obstruction.
- An examination from a veterinarian is recommended prior to using this product.
- Not for human consumption. Keep out of reach of children and animals. In case of accidental overdose, contact a health professional immediately.
Dandelion Root is Formulated With:
Certified Organic Dandelion root (Taraxacum officinale)
… 500 mg per ml
Inactive ingredients: Deionized water, natural bacon flavor, vegetable glycerin.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device